7 Incredible Benefits of Dental Veneers You Should Know
Sometimes, taking care of your teeth means making an extra effort to do more than just brushing your teeth. Although nothing should substitute proper oral hygiene, you have a chance to create the smile you want by considering dental veneers. If you want the kind of smile your favorite celebrities have, you should begin to consider getting dental veneers near you.
What Are Dental Veneers?
They are thin, tooth-shaped porcelain shells used in restorative and cosmetic dentistry to repair and restore the appearance of teeth. Dental veneers feature tooth-colored materials, making up one of the most essential dental veneers’ benefits. Dentists in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, use various oral appliances to change the appearance of teeth. However, veneers are the most popular for conducting various dental tasks.
When Are Veneers Used?
As soon as you uncover the need to improve the appearance of your smile, you are just one step from getting dental veneers for your teeth. Veneers can be used to achieve tremendous transformations in the appearance of your smile, including in the following ways:
- Elongating teeth – crucial for patients with unusually short teeth
- Reshaping teeth – teeth contouring is common in cosmetic dentistry to improve crooked, pointy, or unevenly shaped teeth.
- Whitening teeth – particularly for patients with stubborn stains that do not respond well to teeth bleaching protocols
- Closing small spaces between teeth – instead of wearing braces for several months to close spaces between your teeth, the dentist can use dental veneers to close the gaps and even out your smile.
- Repairing chipped, cracked, or broken teeth.
- Restoring enamel loss – usually due to enamel thinning caused by high consumption of acidic foods and aggravated by aging.
7 Ways Veneers Will Benefit Your Smile
There must be a reason why patients opt for dental veneers over other dental reconstruction dental appliances like dental crowns or composite bonding. They include the following:
- Irrefutable aesthetic transformations – There is no doubt that your teeth will look very different from how they were initially. The translucent porcelain material used to create dental veneers allows for natural-looking results. You also get to pick and choose the color of veneers to achieve the aesthetic results you desire.
- Less invasive procedure – Compared to getting dental crowns, veneer installation procedures are less invasive. The reason is that veneers are only attached to the front surfaces of teeth so that they do not cover the whole teeth as is typical with dental crowns. In that way, your dentist will only shave a small part of your tooth’s enamel to make room for the veneer.
- They resist stains better than other dental materials – Compared to composite resin, porcelain material resists stains much better. Better yet, since dental veneers are non-porous. They do a better job at resisting stains and dental decay than natural teeth, which are porous. However, it does not mean that your veneers can never get stained. Without proper dental hygiene and care for your teeth, your veneers are still prone to staining.
- They last for long – The durability of porcelain veneers is incomparable to composites. The porcelain material featured in veneer teeth can serve you for about 10 to 15 years. The better you care for your teeth after getting veneers, the longer your teeth laminates will serve you.
- They are sturdy – Porcelain is commonly used in dentistry because it offers a sturdy material for restoring damaged teeth. When coupled with your natural teeth, veneer laminates are strong enough to withstand daily use. However, you must still be careful about how you chew and bite hard foods.
- They are a quick fix to various dental issues – Some dental flaws require long and intricate procedures to correct. However, veneer teeth offer a quick and easy alternative to dental problems, saving both on time and costs of alternative dental treatments.
- They are a permanent solution to many dental flaws – Some dental issues like discolored teeth or broken teeth need a permanent fix. With veneers, your teeth will look perfect for the next decade or longer. Besides, should you notice any damage to your veneer teeth, you can always check in with your dentist for veneer repairs and restorations.